All businesses today need visibility on Google. Most of us understand that to get our business noticed we need to do more than just have an optimised website. You don’t have to spend a fortune on Google Ads, you can make the most out of free tools, at your fingertips.
Google Business is a powerful listing showing a snapshot of your business, highlighting your best features which enables potential customers to quickly find, learn about and engage.
It is amazing how many businesses have overlooked setting up their free account. By listing your business and filling in all the relevant information which includes; contact details, opening hours, images, services as well as adding your products. One of the big features of your Google listing is reviews. This is a great way for people to leave reviews and buy into your business.
It’s straight forward to claim your business, if you haven’t done so already. Give it a go, here are a few pointers.
1. Go to the Google listing and claim your business profile. You will need to be verified as the business owner. Google will send a postcard with a verification code to your postal address that you can enter in your business account.
2. Update all the information in each section, to create the account.
3. Ensure all contact information is correct and up to date.
4. Add your logo and images of the business.
5. Write a complete business description.
6. Add your services.
7. Update the product section and link to your store.
8. Answer questions, as they come in.
9. Collect reviews, share the link with your followers.
10. Respond to reviews.
11. Keep on top of the listing, ensure it's always up to date.
You will receive analytic updates from Google about the visitors to your web page and the traffic. Great to have the insight.